Job: Training Manager
Reports To: Executive Vice President and Chief of Training
The successful candidate must be proficient in course design and development and deliver instructor-led training in a classroom setting. Periodically this position will support development of LMS P&C online courses and virtual training. The candidate will have experience in P & C claims training and catastrophe orientation. Prior experience handling Property claims is required.
- Facilitate in-person and virtual training for both newly hired and existing employees
- Consult with Training Team and Claims leadership to identify performance opportunities that require training remediation as well as changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Present training content that can be delivered via Classroom Facilitation, Remote Facilitation, Self-Paced Online learning, and Job Aids and Reference Guides.
- Supervise new employees in a training environment and report on their progress
- Schedule/Coordinate the training classes in partnership with Training Team and Claims Management team
- Measure effectiveness of training efforts
- Identify learning gaps and opportunities and sets training strategies and priorities to achieve these goals and objectives; provides direct training feedback to ensure learning gaps are understood by the trainee
- Design, develop and deliver training via traditional and virtual classroom methods including: one-on-one sessions, job aids and participant/facilitator guides
- Evaluates training effectiveness and makes modifications as appropriate
- Ensures the quality and consistency of course content
- Responds quickly in catastrophes to support Claim Management
- Knowledgeable in customer service procedures and skills
- Coordinate and lead inter-departmental projects and training
- Ability to plan objectives and determine action
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Superior organizational ability with an emphasis on project management skills
This position will eventually develop into a supervisor role.
Bradenton, Florida office.
Will need to be able to move desks and chairs and present training on a stage setting for extended periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: Specific workdays will be assessed based on volume of work, but shall not fall below 5 days in a standard work week.
This position may require limited travel in the state of Florida and occasionally national conferences.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry education is required
- 5 or more years of Property Claims or insurance industry experience required
- 2 or more years of facilitating training sessions and developing learning programs/ curriculum preferred
- Proficiency in Adult Learning Theory
- Understanding of Insurance Claims Operations and Procedures
- Prior Property Claims handling experience in a variety of coverages required
- Prior supervisory skills preferred