Position: Claims Manager
Reports To: Director of Claims (Daily, Catastrophe or On Demand, depending on circumstance)
The Claims Manager position is responsible for oversight and the handling of insurance claims
for a specific contracted carrier for personal, property, or casualty loss based on coverage,
appraisal, and verifiable damage. Ensures complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews
and investigations in accordance with company policies and procedures. It is responsible for
developing claims standards, providing technical support on complex claims, coordinating
budgets, assisting in consumer affairs, claims research and special projects. In addition to direct
claims functions, helps develop programs that will favorably affect results for the entire block of
business, such as rate decisions and/or promotion of policyholder welfare.
1. Provide sound claim handling support to all claim representatives; ensure optimal
handling of all claims and investigate all issues and provide training.
2. Oversee incoming problems/complaints and respond to consumer affairs
3. Embrace GRS culture with other functions and locations within the organization
4. Determine training curriculum for claims department employees
5. Provide statistical data/reports and key point indicators (KPIs)
6. Provide quality assurance
7. Develop new claims process that focuses on maximizing speed, customer experience and
minimizing cost. Implements and integrates changes seamlessly across multiple locations
8. Implement new technology into process that supports key metrics
9. Monitor effectiveness of all programs and provide support to all open claim file reviews
and ensure compliance to all Service Level Objectives.
10. Forecast all staffing requirements and identify and resolve all issues effectively and
schedule all employee attendance for each carrier’s specific assignment. (Daily,
Catastrophe & On-Demand)
1. Insurance Policy Knowledge
2. Claim Handling
3. Customer Focus
4. Communication Proficiency
6. Timely Decision Making
7. Teamwork Orientation
8. Technical Capacity
9. Learning Orientation
10. Project Management
This Manager will lead and manage a group of assigned claim representatives. This position will
work closely with the Quality Assurance Department, Training Department and Claims
Work location to be determined and may be in office or remote. The Manager will be expected to
be on-site where needed during catastrophic events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some field training operations are required. This would
require the ability to lift a ladder to perform a roof inspection and carry laptop computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: Specific workdays will be assessed based on volume of work but
shall not fall below 5 days in a standard work week.
This position requires up to 30% travel outside of a catastrophe event. Manager is expected to
report on-site during catastrophic events.
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. 5+ years of property and casualty carrier level experience
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
3. Must be able to partner effectively with executive management and cross department
4. Proven ability to lead and motivate large teams in multiple locations – delivering
5. Must have experience leading change of customer service metrics tracking and
development of key performance indicators
6. Smart and engaging leader with ability to set high standards or personal and team
7. Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
8. Proven visionary thinking complimented by shaping and executing strategy
9. Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
If you are interested in this role, please email your resume to: email@example.com